Tips for Reselling Clothing on Poshmark, eBay, Mercari, Depop and other platforms with Lindsey
Learn reselling tips and tricks from one of our expert resellers, Lindsey! Helpsy is not just your source for all the best inventory, but also all the best info.
Wondering where to start as a reseller?
Here are some quick reselling tips for you to be as successful as possible!
- Set a realistic goal for yourself, you can always make your goal bigger when your first Helpsy box sells out fast!
- Find fun trends. How fun is it that it's part of your job to know what's hot and happening in the fashion world? Talk about what dreams are made of.
- Pay the right price. Do your research, right brands at right prices, and be sure to price that item to sell. It's a bit of a Goldilocks dilemma, not too high, not too low.
- Photograph your clothes well. Have a clean background, front and back images of the items, shots of any details on the garment including any flaws, and good lighting are all a must. Have a little fun and model the clothes or use a mannequin to switch up the flat lay.
- Be specific in your listings. It makes it easier for people to find your items and alerts them to what they can expect from an item. And don't forget to use tags to increase visibility.
- Share content often. Have a schedule of where and when you post. Consistency is really key.
- Ship items in a timely manner. You'll get a fan forever if you get an item out the door on time or even early.
- Make connections with your customer and other resellers. You wouldn't be doing this if you weren't passionate about reselling, and there's lots of like minded folks out there, so go out and find them!
And finally, be patient. You will make a sale, you will have followers, and you will have customers. And we will be cheering you on every step of the way! Why not get started now with one of these amazing packs?